Le Petit Journal d' AX

Carpe diem!
活在當下!
三川安敦-삼천안돈-मित्सुकव अंतोन-اسماعيل

Monday, August 2

Le premier jour au travail

The first day at work



Monday August 2 is my first day at work in Activebalance. I came early at 9:30 and the office door is still closed. I bought a papaya milk and had to gallivant near the alley until Yahui showed up a minute before 10:00. She unlocked the door, and we went to our own desk. A stack of brochures and documents were on my desk with a note from Yap to get all those translated asap. I nodded acquiescently and start fixing my notebook so I can get some headstart.
Tina came in a while later. I knocked and went into her office to have a casual newcomer report to work. She dismissed me after all the pleasantries and i got back to the translation until an email from Japan came.

Motokura-san wants me to get the Macs installed, and Ogawa san has been sending me details and instructions in the magnificently well written Japanese. I had to put all puzzle together of all the screenshot with my mantelpiece nihongo. After one our of nudging and trying, I finally got their applications to run on my Japanese systems. Hurray, I hurriedly get the office girl to get me some data so I can try their functions. This systems is crucial for our operational in Taipei. I got back to translation again until I was saved by the bell at 7:00.

Rode my bike home thru the usual Keelong route, bought some tomato beef noodle for dinner and 4 lotteries at the request of VK. No luck. Not one matches. Can't bet it on the lotteries. Get real job.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home