Le Petit Journal d' AX

Carpe diem!
活在當下!
三川安敦-삼천안돈-मित्सुकव अंतोन-اسماعيل

Saturday, August 28

Le dernier rendezvous
The last meeting

I got up at 10:30 and laze around in bed. My aunt told me to get ready and leave for the 飲茶[Yamcha] meeting with all relatives in Taipei arrange by my third aunt's hubby, 李子雄 [li zi xiong]. I called Casey to come over as planned and bring all the squabbles to his place. He'll be the only contact for squabble sales as I left for Japan. I entrust all the squabbles to him without any attachment. He came out of a yellow cab at the mouth of the alley. I rushed down and greeted him and we went back to second floor to get a heavy box of squabbles. I guess it weights more than 60 K. He carries alone coz I still got this post impact of previous accident. I saw him off at the door as my aunt hurried me to leave for the yamcha meeting too.

I hailed a taxi after short walk out the house. The taxi guy drove us down to 中華路[zhonghua rd] near 西門[ximen] where they have this 錢櫃[qian gui] karaoke house. The yamcha restaurant on the 11th floor is called 喜相逢[xi xiang feng], it has an English translation of Double Lucky Restaurant. Not a good translation to my opinion, but I guess perhaps 喜相逢 [xi xiangfeng] is a word puzzle for 囍 [double happiness]. We had a nifty luncheon of cashaw buns, smoked salmon, almond cakes, crab egg tofu, and drunken chicken. All seems enough to make me mouthwater in appetite. We sat there and eat together, me, 李竹美[li zhu mei], 吳惠麗[wu hui li] and her hubby 陳召昌[chen shao chang] and their kids, my three aunts and third aunt's hubby. They keep giving advise about the future and reminisce and the past. We talked about our family and relatives in Jakarta and Hongkong. We talked about their visiting me in Japan in future.

We have 龜苓膏[guilinggao] as dessert then the lunch is over, and we parted with eachother on the lobby hallway downstairs. I bid goodbye with everyone and walked down to the Ximen MRT station.

Words learned today:

1. 探索[tan4suo3] = to explore, to discover
2. 覓食[mi4shi2] , slang = to go out scavenging for food
3. 為狗 [wei4go3], slang = to have lunch meal; 關門為狗[guanmenweigou] = lunchbreak
4. 吃菜[chi1chai4], slang = having a salad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home