Le Petit Journal d' AX

Carpe diem!
活在當下!
三川安敦-삼천안돈-मित्सुकव अंतोन-اسماعيل

Tuesday, August 17

Payer ma impot sur le revenu
Getting my income tax paid

This morning I woke up really early at 7:30 and headed up for Tax Office in 中華路 [zhong hua lu] near 西門町[ximen ding]. I needed to file my income tax for last year before leaving Taiwan not wanting to be held at the airport for evading tax. I took the MRT and went out exit 6 in ximen station. I went out and walk the pedestrian until while asking around where the hell is 國稅局[guo shui ju], I finally found the Tax office and headed in, it was early, so nobody was lining up. I went straight to the lady and asked how I get this stuff done. She handed me a form and asked me to fill them. I couldn't imagine doing this myself 4 years ago given the intricacy of Chinese language and my bad command of it. But this morning, I was confident enough to fill out the forms and handed it over to the lady. She checked and ticked here and there adding her own notes, and gave it back to me and direct me to counter 4.

I went to counter 4, another lady process the payment slip and hand it to me for signature and addie. I fillled out and went next to the cashier stopping by at the ATM to draw some cash. I paid it to this bespectacled 5oish guy who tap over and over on his old greenish calculator to get the numbers right. After I paid, he gave me a copy and I handed it back to Counter 4 where I get the real receipt. It was stamped "Keep this for 7 years". I rushed out from the tax office and quickly found a bus to take me back to my office.

ax

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home